Disclaimer: Please note the codes in our collection might not necessarily be the most recent versions. Please contact the individual organizations or their websites to verify if a more recent or updated code of ethics is available. CSEP does not hold copyright on any of the codes of ethics in our collection. Any permission to use the codes must be sought from the individual organizations directly.
Code of Ethics
Upon being accepted Into membership in the Professional Photographers of America, Inc., an applicant will subscribe without reservation to this Code of Ethics, and will solemnly agree to:
(1) Endeavor to maintain a dignity of manner in behavior, in the presentation of photography and photographic services, in appearance and that of studio or place of business, and in all other forms of public contact.
(2) Observe the highest standard of honesty, in all transactions, avoiding the use of false, confusing, inaccurate and misleading terms, descriptions and claims.
(3) At all times endeavor to produce photographs of a quality equal or superior to the samples displayed, to apply the best efforts toward providing the best possible photographic services and to raise the general standard of photographic craftsmanship.
(4) Show a friendly spirit of cooperation to fellow professional photographers and Assist whenever possible should they be in trouble or difficulty.
(5) At all times avoid the use of unfair competitive practices as determined by any court of competent jurisdiction, the Federal anti-trust laws and related statutes.
(6) Assist fellow photographers and share knowledge with them and encourage them individually and collectively to achieve and maintain the highest standards of quality.
(7) Recognize the authority of this Association in all matters relating to the interpretation of this Code in accordance with the statutes of the United States and the various states and the decisions of courts and governmental agencies of comPetent jurisdiction.
CODE OF ETHICS FOR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY
AS AN ACTIVE MEMBER of the Professional Photographers of America, Inc., I do hereby solemnly promise that:
I SHALL CONTACT officiating clergymen to inform myself fully of prevailing customs and regulations in regard to taking photographs before, during and after the wedding ceremony.
I SHALL ABIDE at all times by the rules
established by each particular House of Worship.
I SHALL WORK in a dignified, professional and unobtrusive manner while recording this sacred and memorable ceremony.
I SHALL AT NO TIME leave empty cartons, flash bulbs, or film pack tops on church property.
@ 1970 PROFESSIONAL PHCIT013RAPHERS OF AMERICA, Nc.