Disclaimer: Please note the codes in our collection might not necessarily be the most recent versions. Please contact the individual organizations or their websites to verify if a more recent or updated code of ethics is available. CSEP does not hold copyright on any of the codes of ethics in our collection. Any permission to use the codes must be sought from the individual organizations directly.
Code of Ethics
- I will endeavor to maintain a dignity of manner in my behaviour, in the presentation of my photography and photographic services, in my appearance and that of my studio or place of business, and in all other forms of public contact.
- I will observe the highest standard of honesty in all transactions, avoiding the use of false, inaccurate and misleading terms, descriptions and claims.
- I will at all times endeavour to produce photographs equal or superior to the samples I display, apply my best efforts towards providing the best possible photographic services and assist in raising the general standard of photographic craftsmanship.
- I will show a friendly spirit of co-operation to my fellow Professional photographers and assist them whenever possible should they be in trouble or difficulty.
- I will at all times avoid the use of unfair competitive practices as determined by any court or competent jurisdiction, Federal antitrust or related statutes.
- I will assist my fellow photographers, share my knowledge with them and encourage them individually and collectively to achieve and maintain the highest standards of quality.
- I will recognize the authority of this Association in all matters relating to the interpretation of the Code in accordance with the provincial statutes of Canada and the various provinces and the decisions of courts and governmental agencies of competent jurisdiction.