Services & Hours
The library is intended as a resource for interested persons anywhere, not only at IIT. Students, teachers, researchers, and practitioners are encouraged to visit. It is best to call or email first before visiting the library.
The Center offers the following special services and resources:
• On-site professional assistance in using the collection.
• Bibliographic and general reference assistance by email, phone, or in person.
• Preparation of specialized bibliographies of materials in the resource collection, for a fee to cover costs.
• Online database searches, for a fee to cover costs.
• Single copies of most items in the resource collection, for a fee to cover copying and shipping costs.
The Center publishes a semi-annual periodical, Perspectives on the Professions looking a a wide range of ethical issues from engineering ethics to academic ethics. Every issue is now available online, and print copies are available upon request. The Center also publishes books and monographs generated by the Center's projects, and a list of publications from Center staff and affiliates can be browsed and ordered here. While some full-text articles are available for free, others require duplication orders since they are covered by publisher copyrights. There is a fee of $.05/page for photocopying and also a fee for postage.
Monday through Friday : 9:00 a.m. - 5 p.m.,
Please note that as the library is staffed by one professional librarian, users might want to call ahead to make an appointment.
Policies for using Library Materials
CSEP books and videos can be checked out by IIT students, staff, and faculty. An IIT ID card is required to check out materials. All other users are welcome to visit the library and use the materials on site. Photocopies can be made for a nominal charge.