You are hereCode of Ethics (2005)
Code of Ethics (2005)
Disclaimer: Please note the codes in our collection might not necessarily be the most recent versions. Please contact the individual organizations or their websites to verify if a more recent or updated code of ethics is available. CSEP does not hold copyright on any of the codes of ethics in our collection. Any permission to use the codes must be sought from the individual organizations directly.
Code of Ethics
The Code of Ethics provides guidance to individuals to be self-managed workplace learning and performance professionals. Clients and employers should expect the highest possible standards of personal integrity, professional competence, sound judgment and discretion. Developed by the profession for the profession, the Code of Ethics is the public declaration of workplace learning and performance professionals’ obligations to themselves, their profession, and society.
I strive to:
- recognize the rights and dignities of each individual
- develop human potential
- provide my employer, clients, and learners with the highest level quality education, training, and development
- comply with all copyright laws and the laws and regulations governing my position
- keep informed of pertinent knowledge and competence in the workplace learning and performance field
- maintain confidentiality and integrity in the practice of my profession
- support my peers and to avoid conduct which impedes their practicing their profession
- conduct myself in an ethical and honest manner
- improve the public understanding of workplace learning and performance
- fairly and accurately represent my workplace learning and performance credentials, qualifications, experience, and ability contribute to the continuing growth of the profession.