You are hereMCTA Rules of Conduct (Undated)
MCTA Rules of Conduct (Undated)
Disclaimer: Please note the codes in our collection might not necessarily be the most recent versions. Please contact the individual organizations or their websites to verify if a more recent or updated code of ethics is available. CSEP does not hold copyright on any of the codes of ethics in our collection. Any permission to use the codes must be sought from the individual organizations directly.
MCTA Rules of Conduct
As a courtesy to and for the safety of everyone:
1. Please follow all driver instructions.
2. Treat Mason Transit staff, drivers and other riders with courtesy and proper social behavior.
3. Refrain from using vulgar or offensive language. Threatening verbally or physically is not allowed. Prohibited behavior may result in immediate suspension of service.
4. No excessive noise.
5. Note that the possession of illegal drugs and alcohol is illegal and not allowed on Mason Transit.
6. Hazardous material, including corrosives (batteries), fireworks, flammable liquids, explosive materials, uncovered glass, or potentially sharp/breakable objects are not allowed on Mason Transit.
7. All animals (except service animals) must be in a pet carrier.
8. Do not distribute literature or petitions to other passengers.
9. It is unlawul to damage Mason Transit property. Please report vandalism or damage to the driver or call the Mason Transit Business Office.
10. Eating or drinking is NOT allowed on MTA vehicles.
11. Smoking is prohibited on board MTA vehicles and within 25 feet from bus stops and bus shelters.
The Revised Code of Washington addresses some crimes that are specific to the transit system. Sections of the Code that apply to Mason Transit are RCW 9A.36.301 - Assault in the Third Degree and RCW 9.91.025 - Unlawful Bus Conduct.