Disclaimer: Please note the codes in our collection might not necessarily be most recent versions. Please contact the individual organizations or their websites to verify if a more recent or updated code of ethics is available. CSEP does not hold copyright on any of the codes of ethics in our collection. Any permission to use the codes must be sought from the individual organizations directly.
AIBS believes that a code of ethics is basic to the conduct of science and essential to the maintenance of an honorable and respectable profession. Members of AIBS shall conduct their professional lives in accordance with the ethics standards stated below.
- Conduct research and teaching in a manner that is consistent with accepted scientific and teaching methods, maintaining the highest standards of honesty and integrity in all professional endeavors.
- Comply with all laws and regulations that apply to the treatment of study organisms and other aspects of professional conduct.
- Expose scientific fraud and other forms of professional misconduct whenever it is found.
- Be civil and respectful in professional interactions, avoiding discrimination, based on race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or age.
- Treat colleagues,students, and employees fairly.
- Be constructive and professional in evaluating the work of colleagues, students, and employees.
- Provide recognition of past and present contributions of others to science, and present one's professional opinions only on those topics for which one has training and knowledge.
- Promote the free and open exchange of information, not withholding information to substantiate a personal or scientific point of view.
- Be candid about potential conflicts of interest in the conduct of professional duties.
- Do not speak on behalf of AIBS without written permission from the president of the Institute.