You are hereCode of Ethics (Undated)
Code of Ethics (Undated)
Disclaimer: Please note the codes in our collection might not necessarily be the most recent versions. Please contact the individual organizations or their websites to verify if a more recent or updated code of ethics is available. CSEP does not hold copyright on any of the codes of ethics in our collection. Any permission to use the codes must be sought from the individual organizations directly.
CODE OF ETHICS
1. I agree that my membership in the Universal Autograph Collectors Club ("UACC") shall be contingent upon UACC's acceptance of my membership application, receipt of payment of all applicable dues, and my agreement to abide by the UACC's code of ethics, which shall be a part of all original and renewal membership applications.
2. I agree to abide by all Federal, state and local laws and regulations related to the purchase, sale or other related transactions concerned with the securing of autographed and collateral material.
3. I agree that in using membership in the UACC as a reference in any transaction, particularly in any transaction brought about or conducted through any medium of the UACC such as, but not limited to, any UACC-sponsored publication or gathering, the terms of such transaction shall be in accordance with the UACC Code of Ethics.
4. I agree to report all known or suspected violations of the UACC Code of Ethics to the attention of the UACC Ethics Board for resolution under its rules, and I further agree to abide by the rules and procedures of the UACC Ethics Board.
5. I agree that I will not knowingly buy, sell or otherwise engage in any transaction concerning autographed or collateral material whose ownership is in doubt, and further, I agree to report any and all information I may have concerning suspected or known stolen autographed or collateral material to the proper legal authorities.
6. I agree to fulfill all terms, oral or written, of any contract or agreement to purchase, sell or exchange autographed or collateral material, unless prompt and timely notice otherwise is given to the other party. Any transaction reported to be an "as is" transaction (i.e., no guarantee as to authenticity) must be evidenced by written documentation signed by all parties to the transaction. Any transaction not documented to be "as-is" will be deemed to be a sale of authentic autographs or authentic collateral material.
7. I agree not to knowingly sell, exchange or advertise for sale or exchange any: a) autographed or collateral material which is forged or the signature thereon is a mechanical reproduction or is otherwise not genuine; or b) any autographed or collateral material which has been altered, repaired or otherwise altered from its original state, unless such state or condition is clearly and expressly stated and described.
8. I agree that, upon request, I will issue a receipt for any sale or exchange of autographed or collateral material, which will identify the purchaser, seller, date of transaction and a description of the item(s) being transacted, along with the price(s) or other relevant terms.
9. I agree to clearly state all terms of sale or exchange of all autographed or collateral material, which shall include a reasonable right to return and a guarantee of full refund or return of exchanged material.
10. I agree to advertise for sale only those items which are available to me at the time such advertisement is placed, and I will honor all prices published for a reasonable time after their publication.
11. I agree to advise all consignors of autographed or collateral material in writing the terms of any consignment, and I further agree that I shall not in any way alter any autographed or collateral material sent to me for consignment.
12. I agree to fully refund the purchase price of any autographed or collateral material at any time, where lack of authenticity can proven and where proof of purchase is supplied; however, requests for an extension of time to return purchased or exchanged autographed or collateral material shall not be viewed as an acceptable reason for delay of payment for said material beyond the agreed-upon terms of the transaction. This rule does not apply to the sale or exchange of "as-is" material which has been properly documented in accordance with rule number six (6).
13. I agree to hold intact, pending expressed acceptance from the seller or exchanger, all merchandise sent to me on an approval basis, and should my offer be unacceptable, to promptly return said merchandise to the true owner.
14. I agree to notify the UACC promptly of any address or name change.