Disclaimer: Please note the codes in our collection might not necessarily be the most recent versions. Please contact the individual organizations or their websites to verify if a more recent or updated code of ethics is available. CSEP does not hold copyright on any of the codes of ethics in our collection. Any permission to use the codes must be sought from the individual organizations directly.
Governance Guidelines & Ethics
Esterline companies strive to achieve the highest standards of business conduct and ethics. All employees and the Board of Directors must be committed to these core values and must share these responsibilities:
We deliver excellent products and services to our customers.
- We treat employees, customers, and all people with respect at all times.
- We protect company assets and use them wisely.
Integrity and Ethical Conduct
- We honor our commitments.
- We are truthful in our communications and records.
- We avoid conflicts of interest and even the appearance of improper influence.
- We compete fairly.
- We adhere to the highest standards of integrity in our relationships with customers, suppliers, shareholders, and colleagues in the workplace.
- We comply with both the letter and the spirit of all applicable laws.
- We count on our employees and directors to support these values and to apply them everyday in the work they do.
- We also count on supervisors and managers to provide training and guidance to help employees understand their ethical responsibilities.
In addition, Esterline supervisors and managers are responsible for:
- Managing our businesses to achieve profits and growth, which provides more opportunity for everyone.
- Providing equal career opportunity for employees, consistent with their demonstrated abilities, their initiative, and with our business needs.
- Promoting an informal atmosphere, so employees can enjoy their work and share information and opinions easily, without regard to the position they hold.
- Keeping employees informed about the business, and providing an open door for their comments and ideas.
- Listening to employees' questions, and providing prompt, straightforward answers.
- Providing a safe, orderly, and clean work environment.
Esterline's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics guides our work and helps us all identify any potential problems. Although the Code cannot address every situation, it summarizes the company's responsibilities and expectations for employee and director business conduct. It will help us recognize situations that might create an ethical issue, and help us decide what to do.
Every employee and Director has responsibility to ask questions and express concerns regarding proper business conduct. We encourage employees to get help when they need it. When they have a question, they should ask their supervisor or local ethics officer. If they prefer, they can telephone the Ethics Hotline or make a report via our website link.
We're determined to help one another do the right thing.
Robert W. Cremin
Chairman, President and
Chief Executive Officer