You are hereCode of Professional Conduct (1996)
Code of Professional Conduct (1996)
Disclaimer: Please note the codes in our collection might not necessarily be the most recent versions. Please contact the individual organizations or their websites to verify if a more recent or updated code of ethics is available. CSEP does not hold copyright on any of the codes of ethics in our collection. Any permission to use the codes must be sought from the individual organizations directly.
CODE Of PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT
As a member of the American Society of Safety Engineers, I recognize that my work has an impact on the protection of people, property and the environment.
In order to assume professional responsibility, I shall uphold and advance the integrity, honor and dignity of the safety, health and environmental profession by:
1. Enhancing protection of people, property and the environment through knowledge and skill;
2. Being honest, impartial and serving the public, employers and clients with fidelity;
3.Striving to increase my competence in and the prestige of the safety profession;
4. Avoiding circumstances where compromise of the professional conduct or conflict of interest may arise.
In the fulfillment of my duties as a safety professional, I shall:
1. Hold paramount the protection of people and property and the environment
2. Advise employers, clients, employees or appropriate authorities when my professional judgment indicates that the protection of people, property or the environment is unacceptably at risk;
3. Strive for continuous self-development while participating in the safety profession;
4. Perform professional services only in the areas of my competence;
5. Issue public statements only in an objective and truthful manner and in accordance with the authority bestowed upon me;
6. Act in professional matters as faithful agent or trustee and avoid conflict of interest-,
7. Build my professional reputation on merit of service;
8. Assure equal opportunities for individuals under my supervision.