You are hereGuidelines for Responsible Breeders of Clumber Spaniels (1996)
Guidelines for Responsible Breeders of Clumber Spaniels (1996)
Disclaimer: Please note the codes in our collection might not necessarily be the most recent versions. Please contact the individual organizations or their websites to verify if a more recent or updated code of ethics is available. CSEP does not hold copyright on any of the codes of ethics in our collection. Any permission to use the codes must be sought from the individual organizations directly.
Guidelines for Responsible Breeders of Clumber Spaniels
- I will maintain sportsman-like behavior in all canine endeavors and will work towards the betterment of the Breed. I will not deliberately degrade any fancier, his dogs, or his kennel operation.
- I will maintain high standards in the care of my dogs. I will provide each dog in my care with individual attention and strive to bring each dog to its full potential as a companion and in whatever areas are chosen.
- I will maintain accurate records.
- I will undertake breeding with a commitment to every dog I produce. I will breed only those dogs which conform to the AKC standard for the breed.
- I will raise my puppies in a healthy environment with adequate socialization. All puppies will be inoculated and wormed in accordance with veterinary recommendations. No puppy will be placed in a new home before the age of seven (7) weeks.
- I will screen each puppy buyer and strive to place each dog in a permanent home. Under no circumstances will I engage in wholesaling litters nor will I knowingly sell to pet dealers or retailers, catalog houses, commercial breeding operations or supply puppies or dogs for raffles, lotteries, auctions or laboratories.
- I will provide each purchaser with a three generation pedigree, health records, registration (unless it is withheld by written agreement of both parties), and instructions for care and feeding. Each dog or puppy that exhibits a disqualifying feature, as described by the AKC Breed Standard will be placed with limited registration and/or a spay/neuter contract with all conditions in writing and signed by both buyer and seller.
- I will help the purchaser in every reasonable way for the life of the dog.
- I will offer at stud only dogs which are mature, conform to the Standard for the Breed and which are not known to carry any significant genetic defect.
- As a stud dog owner I will accept only those bitches for stud service which meet the same criteria as the stud and whose owners are prepared to accept the responsibilities outlined in the Code of Ethics.
- I pledge to help educate the public in the standard and care of the Breed and in all other areas where I an qualified.